Are you looking for a non-surgical way to freshen and rejuvenate the skin on your face? Microdermabrasion treatments, a less aggressive approach than dermabrasion, make use of a minimally abrasive instrument to gently sand the skin, removing the thicker, uneven outer layer. This type of skin rejuvenation is used to treat light scarring, discoloration and sun damage and there’s even microdermabrasion for stretch marks.
Imagine a very fine sand blaster and you’ll get a picture of how microdermabrasion works. It uses a diamond-tipped wand, to slough off the top layer (epidermis) of your skin and stimulate new skin growth. This technique also helps to thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion. Collagen is a protein in your skin that’s abundant when you’re a child and makes skin appear taut and smooth. Collagen production declines as we age, resulting in looser, uneven skin.
There is almost no discomfort in microdermabrasion, meaning you won’t need a topical or local anesthetic and there is no recovery or downtime.
- • Eliminate age spots and black heads.
• Eliminate hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin).
• Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance.
• Lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
• Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
• Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores.
• Treat acne and the scars left by acne.